Villiger Söhne AG
Legal representatives: Clemens Gütermann, Mirko Lorenzi, Egon Schwerdtle-von Delft
Phone: +41 (0)62 765 55 55
Fax: +41 (0)62 765 56 56
Representative of Controller in the European Union
Villiger Söhne GmbH
Legal representatives: Clemens Gütermann, Mirko Lorenzi, Egon Schwerdtle-von Delft
Phone: +49 (0)7741/607-0
Fax: +49 (0)7741/607-249
Data Protection Officer
Villiger Söhne GmbH
1. Introduction and General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us.
In order to provide you with the full range of our services and online contents, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information VILLIGER may collect about you;
- what VILLIGER will use information we collect about you for;
- when VILLIGER may use your details to contact you;
- whether VILLIGER will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
VILLIGER websites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy and cookies policies, and we therefore urge you to review them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will VILLIGER collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of VILLIGER’s websites, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, online shop, book tickets for a VILLIGER event or create an account using VILLIGER’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of VILLIGER websites or product preferences.
Please remember that our contents are suitable only for users of legal age.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this (e.g. via contact forms) we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
Where we provide personalised websites, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our websites enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third party app, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow VILLIGER to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible). Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by VILLIGER.
3. What will VILLIGER use the information it collects about me for?
VILLIGER will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following (Legal basis is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR):
- to provide our websites, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that VILLIGER may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for;
- where we provide personalised websites, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our websites, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service;
- we may also show you relevant advertising on third party sites;
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide;
- we may use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the websites from Switzerland or not. If you are accessing websites from outside Switzerland, you may be re-directed to the international version of VILLIGER website;
- if you enter into a business relationship with us, the personal data you provide by filling in our online forms is going to be used for the purposes of entering into and conducting a business relationship as well as fulfilling associated contractual obligations. pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1 (b) of the GDPR;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
Where VILLIGER proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first.
4. When will VILLIGER contact me?
VILLIGER may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that VILLIGER can deliver the websites, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a VILLIGER account, or to help you reset your password);
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about VILLIGER products or websites;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about VILLIGER (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to VILLIGER’s policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section 5.
We will never contact you to ask for your VILLIGER account password, or other login information. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from VILLIGER.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
VILLIGER will only send you marketing emails or contact you on VILLIGER platforms where you have agreed to this.
In certain countries we offer regular newsletters to let you know about VILLIGER events, products and online contents that may be of interest to you.
We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of VILLIGER websites.
6. Will VILLIGER share my personal information with anyone else?
Another exception are our Trusted Partners. In order for us to offer you the best possible experience with VILLIGER, we must ensure that our service keeps that promise today and also in the future. Our trusted partners, companies we work with primarily in the IT and marketing fields, make this possible. These partners handle certain data exclusively in pre-determined frameworks and for the purposes expressly stated by VILLIGER. Data transfer usually takes place where we cooperate with a subcontractor (such as a marketing agency) or a service provider (such as a provider of data storage services). In each case, the transfer of data does not release the transferring party from responsibility for its data handling. Data may also be transmitted to public authorities if they are authorized under applicable law to make such request, but not under any other circumstances.
Our Trusted Partners currently include:
- Olai Interactive GmbH (web agency)
- Nine Internet Solutions AG (data center operator of our website)
- GetResponse Sp. z o.o. (newsletter platform)
ul. Arkońska 6 (A3)
- Google Ireland Ltd. (web analytics provider)
D04 E5W5 Dublin
- Capture Media AG (web analytics provider)
Generally, we will use your information within VILLIGER and will only share it outside VILLIGER where you have requested it or given your consent.
7. Inappropriate content and age verification on VILLIGER websites
If you post or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to VILLIGER websites or social media, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any VILLIGER service, VILLIGER may remove such content.
Where VILLIGER reasonably believes that you are or may be under the legal age required to view its contents, VILLIGER may contact you for age verification purposes. VILLIGER reserves the right to freeze or remove your VILLIGER account, should you fail to prove your legal age.
8. How long will VILLIGER keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as necessary for the relevant activity. If you delete your VILLIGER account then your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your VILLIGER account, please see section 9 below.
9. Can I delete my VILLIGER account?
You can always delete your VILLIGER account.
As explained in section 8 above, deleting your VILLIGER account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used VILLIGER will be made anonymous.
Deleting your VILLIGER account will not delete the data you shared with VILLIGER for reasons that are not connected with your VILLIGER account. For example, if you sign up for VILLIGER Events, we will keep your data so that we can deliver that service.
10. Web browser cookies
Please see the Cookies Policy to find out what cookies are, how we use them and how you can reject them.
11. Google Analytics
Information about browser type/version, operating system used, referrer URL (origin URL), IP address of the accessing computer, time of server request, HTML sites visited, number of sessions and duration. The IP address will be abbreviated by Google within the Member States of the EU or in other member countries of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases, the full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the US and will only then be abbreviated there.
Purpose and legal basis for data use
The purpose of the data collection is the needs-based design of our website. The legal basis for the collection is a legitimate interest in providing you with quality service (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
Data will be received by internal employees at VILLIGER and Trusted Partners who are involved in data analysis.
The duration of data storage is 38 months.
We continue to use Google Analytics to analyze data from DoubleClick cookies and also AdWords for statistical purposes. If you do not want this, you can disable it through the ad preferences manager:
You can prevent the storage of Google Analytics cookies by changing the settings in your browser software accordingly; however, in this case you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the full extent.
You may also prevent the collection and processing of data generated by cookies and related to your use of websites (including your IP address) by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link:
More information about privacy in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help Center:
12. Tracking Integration of Capture Media
A tracking solution by Capture Media AG (hereinafter referred to as «Capture Media») is integrated within this website. Capture Media is a Swiss company with registered office in Zürich which measures the use of this website by tracking engagements and events. The tracking activities are performed in an anonymous manner so that no connection can be established to identified or identifiable persons. Capture Media provides an «opt-out» option for such tracking.
Further information on data protection as well as on the rights of data subjects in connection with the tracking activities by Capture Media, including the «opt-out» option, is set forth in the Data Protection Declaration and the Objection Notice.
13. Changes to VILLIGER's Privacy and Cookies Policy
You can also submit personal information requests, in which case we will ask you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. If you are within the EU, please address your requests to:
The Data Protection Officer
If you are contacting us from the US or Canada, please address your questions or comments to:
The Privacy Team
VILLIGER NORTH AMERICA
8107 NW 29 ST
Miami, FL 33122
15. Your privacy rights
You may revoke your consent to the use of your personal data at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This also applies if you wish to revoke consent granted to us before the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) entered into force (before May 25, 2018). By revoking your consent, the legality of data processing conducted on the basis of your consent up until the revocation remains unaffected.
16. Obligation to provide data
If you enter into a business relationship with us, you must provide the personal data necessary for the purposes of entering into and conducting a business relationship as well as fulfilling associated contractual obligations. You must also provide those data that we are required to collect by law. Without this data, we generally must refuse the conclusion of the contract, the provision of products and the delivery of services, and we will no longer be able to fulfill any existing contracts and must terminate these if necessary.
17. Right of objection as per article 21 GDPR
Case-specific right of objection
For reasons arising from your particular situation, you have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal data. This also applies to profiling pursuant to Article 4, paragraph 4 of the GDPR. If you make an objection, we will no longer use your personal data unless one of the following conditions is met:
- we can establish a legitimate reason for using your data that outweighs your interests, rights and freedoms;
- the data is used for asserting, exercising or defending of legal claims.
Right of objection to the use of data for advertising purposes
In individual cases, we use your personal data to carry out direct marketing. You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for such marketing purposes; this also applies to profiling if it is connected to such direct advertising. If you object to the use of your data for the purposes of direct marketing, we will no longer use your personal data for these purposes. Your objection can be directed to the responsible party without the use of a form.